MORENO & VILLARRUBIA LLP is much more than a law firm where immigrants and would-be immigrants can get help filling out forms to submit to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Our lawyers are professionally active, recognized by peers and up-to-date on immigration laws pertaining to:
- Employment-based visas such as H-1B, E visas, L visas and more
- I-9 compliance for employees and employers
- Family-based visas, including K-1 fiancé(e) visas and immigrant and nonimmigrant visas for parents, children and other relatives
- Naturalization and citizenship
- Deportation defense
- U visas and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) cases
Immigration Reform — An Indiana Law Firm On The Cutting Edge
Like many of our clients, we closely monitor immigration reform issues such as:
- Deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA)
- Recent passages of an expanded Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), with additional protections in place for immigrants who have been battered by American spouses
- Updated U visa eligibility opportunities for immigrants who have been victimized by crimes while in the U.S.
Our Indianapolis immigration attorneys frequently give seminars for other attorneys and the business community on topics related to immigration reform. We await news on further immigration reform initiatives that may offer additional opportunities to our clients from other countries. The White House issued a document in 2011 entitled "Building a 21st Century Immigration System," which proposed:
- "Strengthening our economic competitiveness by creating a legal immigration system that reflects our values and diverse needs."
- Creating opportunities for "those people living here illegally ...[to] get on the right side of the law by registering and undergoing national security and criminal background checks, paying taxes and a penalty, and learning English."
We pledge to keep our clients informed of any new laws that may enhance their chances for success achieving their immigration goals.
Additional Practice Areas
In addition to a full-service immigration law practice, MORENO & VILLARRUBIA LLP offers counsel and representation in the following practice areas, as well:
- Family law, including divorce and stepparent adoption
- Employment law, including wage and hour claims, discrimination claims, noncompete agreement issues and more
Serving Indiana Communities Including Fort Wayne — Immigration, Visa Attorneys Knowledgeable And Skilled In All Aspects Of Immigration Law
Contact us to schedule a consultation. We accept credit cards and offer after-hour appointments as necessary. We accommodate clients who speak many languages. Se habla español. Nihongo o hanashimasu.